Thursday, March 19, 2009

And so it begins...

As of noon today, the brackets were officially closed. No more research. No more debates. Now it's just time to sit back, relax, and enjoy what is arguably the most exciting happening in all of sports, the NCAA men's basketball tournament. Or, as you all may know it, March Madness.

So I know you're probably saying to yourself, "Oh great, another rant about college basketball from this little nobody who's still in high school." And you would be right in most cases, and this is one of those cases. I mean it's not like there's anything interesting going on in the world right now (i.e. AIG bonuses, wars...you know, the little things).

So the tournament has begun. And I decided to try an experiment with one of my many brackets (7 to be exact), pick all favorites. Now before you go all crazy and freak out at me, keep in mind that there is no money riding on this bracket, AND it would be nice to see if an experiment like this actually worked out. Every year I make a feeble attempt to pick upsets and cinderellas, and this year is no different. For my six other brackets, I went with my gut choices and hopefully I'll be getting a payday on April 7 (day after the tourney ends). But just once, I tried to only pick favorites, and if I do better using just favorites than picking based on my gut, I think you can guess what I'm going to do with my money pools from now on (for all those who didn't get it, that means I'm going to pick only favorites).

So it has started once again. At the place where cinderella stories and absolute favorites meet, (to quote one of my most hated commercials) "oh yeah, I'm there."

No comments:

Post a Comment