Monday, April 6, 2009

The Yankees

The Yankees will not make the playoffs. I am a Yankee fan, and I know the Yankees will NOT make the playoffs. They can do whatever they want. Buy whatever players they will "need," it won't work. The key to any team sport is chemistry. The Yankees don't have it. You can bitch and moan about how good the players they picked up are. You can bitch about how I'm no longer a Yankee fan. I will always root for the Yankees. I will support what they do, and the players they buy, but I do not think their acquisitions will pay the dividends they expect.

While on the subject of buying players. To all of you managers and owners who cry about the Yankees having an unfair advantage with the money they have, that there should be a salary cap: You're wrong.

The Yankees play in the biggest market in baseball and have built up their franchise as such to make money. To not spend the money they make is preposterous. If your team had the kind of money the Yankees did, were struggling to make the playoffs and win championships, and were NOT doing everything in their power to try and improve, would you not be angry?

I know I kind of contradict myself. I just don't think the Yankees are making the RIGHT decisions. I'm not here to tell you what the right decisions will be for the team. But I know that the decisions the Yankees are making, are the wrong ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment